Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Easy Power Protein Oats

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to a new day of your life! What are you doing to improve your life today? Did you work out? Did you challenge yourself to something new or unexpected? Each day is a new day and we need to work on improving our lives all the time. We will only have this life once, so why not make the most of it? Try something new! Instead of sitting on the couch and watching TV, get up and go for a walk, go to the library, visit a friend or family member. We need to make the most of what we have right now. In my own life, I've found myself just waiting for my life to get better. It's not going to happen for us if we sit and wait. We have to DO something about. Take action. I've only just learned this principle of life in the last year or so. After you have a baby your mind set changes drastically. Not only are you worried about your personal life but you're now worried about your child's life too! In the past year we have made some pretty drastic decisions that have resulted in a lot of change in our life. But we took action! We are doing something to help make our life better. So I want to know what you all are doing or have done to improve your life today. Share! I'd love to hear!

Today I have an awesome breakfast recipe for you. This is the best protein oatmeal that we've tried to date. We pretty much eat this every day unless I decide to try something different. It's so quick to make too! I used to just make the quick oatmeal from the packets but this is so much better for you and it really doesn't take that much time to put together. I'm never going back to that Quaker stuff! You don't need to add any sugar because it's flavored by the protein powder. I love my oatmeal with fresh blueberries and sliced almonds. It's to die for! This Oatmeal really fills you up and keeps you from snacking before lunch time!






Power Protein Oats

Ingredients:
4 cups water
2 cups old fashioned oats
4 Tbsp. natural nut butter- almond, peanut, cashew or other
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 scoops protein powder (I used Vanilla Elite Gourmet...it's the best!)
4 Tbsp. ground flax seed

Tools:
Medium sauce pan
Spoon
Measuring cups
Measuring spoons

Directions:
1. Bring the four cups of water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
2. Add remaining ingredients except flax seen, and reduce heat. Cook gently for 3 to 5 minutes, until mixture becomes thick and uniform.
3. Spoon into four bowl and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed. Serve immediately. OR Let cool and put the rest into a plastic container and refrigerate. 
*You can also add fresh or dried fruit, plain Greek yogurt, sliced almonds or walnuts. 


Yum! Now you're ready to take on the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment