Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Applesauce Pumpkin Muffins


Good evening every one!
I'm sorry this post is coming a bit late. Our computer has issues sometimes and I had to mess with it for a while to fix it! We're in the clear now. :) 

My baby is 11 months old today! I can't believe that in a short month she'll be a year old! We had a little Valentines/11 month photo shoot today and they turned out okay... She wasn't quite in the mood but I did get a few good ones in there. The bigger she grows, the more I realize how precious our time is together. I need to enjoy it while it is here! I also need to enjoy her while she's the only child in our family. (No I'm not pregnant right now) But of course we want more children in the future. I guess my message for today is stop waiting for happiness and choose to be happy now! No matter what your situation is, you can always find happiness every day. 

This is my second time making these muffins for my family. We absolutely love them! The best part is that there are only good quality ingredients in them. They are so delicious that I have been craving another one since I've been staring at this picture! They taste just as amazing as they look. They have just enough sweetness to get that sugar craving reeled in. You could have one of these paired with a piece of fruit and yogurt for breakfast or just as a daily snack. I really hope you guys love this one as much as we do!






Applesauce Pumpkin Muffins
Adapted from The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno

Tools:
1 medium mixing bowl
1 small mixing bowl
Paper muffin liners
Spoon
Measuring cups and spoons

Ingredients:
1 cup old-fashioned oats, not instant
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
2 large egg white + 1 one yolk
2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. canola oil

1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Sucanat or brown sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin pan with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine oatmeal, pumpkin, applesauce, milk, eggs and oil in a small bowl. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
3. Measure and mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and pour wet ingredients into dry. Add dried fruit. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

Nutritional Value Per Muffin:
Calories: 189, Protein: 6g, Sugars: 8g, Dietary Fiber: 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment