Friday, November 30, 2012

Poppy Seed Chicken

I think every wife/mother/woman out there (including me) is aways looking for a new recipe for chicken. I am continually getting bored with the same old chicken dishes. Well this is a recipe that you may not have tried before.
Okay okay... So I will admit. I'm kind of a casserole addict!
They're just so easy and there are too many yummy ones! So it's not my fault.
This recipe can be prepared in 20 minutes or less! Who could ask for more than that? And again, it's a casserole so it's a snap to put together and you probably already have everything you need!
After I had my baby girl, one of my sweet neighbors brought us dinner. My husband and I fell in love with it! We never got the chance to get the recipe from her before we moved. But as I was browsing my Taste of Homes Casserole book I saw this recipe. It just so happened to be the same yummy dinner our neighbor brought us! I just had to make it!
I just love the crisp poppy seeds and crunchy crackers. It really makes this dinner absolutely delicious! I hope everyone enjoys this one.
 
 





Poppy Seed Chicken
Adapted from Taste of Home Casserole Book
Serves 6

3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
2 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup (8oz.) reduced-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
2 cups crushed reduced-fat Club Crackers
1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Hot cooked rice or noodles (optional)

1. In large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into chicken mixture.
2. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved crumbs; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
3. Serve alone or on top of hot cooked rice or noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment