Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted a recipe. Trust me, I have many excuses and I could go on and on trying to convince myself that they were justifiable. I'm sure you don't have time to hear all about it! I'm doing a post today so let's not dwell on the past mkay? :) Alright, down to business!
 
My most favorite part about the holidays is the parties! We don't get to go to very many because we don't have very many friends, so we just throw our own Christmas bash every year on Christmas Eve. We get my husband's family and my family together and enjoy good company and of course good food! Holiday food is just amazing. That's why we all gain ten pounds, right?! Or maybe it just feels like ten pounds. Well I found the perfect dip for you to serve at your own Christmas party. Really, this dip could be served at any time of the year. The Super Bowl, New Year's Eve, Birthday's, on Sunday's, Thursday's... Okay, I think you get my point. :)
 
It is so yummy too! It's just the right amount of spicy but the good thing is that you get to control how hot it is by how many jalapenos you choose to put in and whether or not you add the seeds in too. My husband doesn't like a lot of spicy food so I just added three and that was just right for him! You just HAVE to try it! It's warm and cheesy and just plain delicious. Just what you need right now right? I wish I had some right now. :) Try it and let me know what you think!
 
 
Jalapeno Popper Dip
recipe adapted from simply-gormet.com
 
8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked until crispy
2 (8 oz.) packages of fat-free or light cream cheese, soft
1 cup mayonnaise
3 medium jalapenos (this is how many I use)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup diced green onion
 
Topping:
 
1 cup crushed crackers (I used Club Crackers)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well.
3. Transfer to an 8 in. X 8 in. or equivilant oven proof dish.
4. Combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle on top of the dip.
5. Bake dip for 20 - 30 minutes or until bubbly.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping crackers. (We used Wheat Thins.)
Enjoy!



 

This is what it looks like without the topping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment