Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes


I love fall!
The beautifully colored leaves, the jacket weather and most of all we get to indulge in pumpkin!! If this delightful pumpkin recipe doesn't get you in the mood for Thanksgiving, then I don't know what will. We made them for dinner last night and I had the leftovers for lunch! I can still taste pumpkin pie in my mouth. Mmmm...
Another cool thing about this recipe is that it's a family recipe handed down from my great grandmother! Its original title is Feather Pancakes, I just added in the pumpkin and spices. So literally this recipe is one of the best homemade pancake recipes out there! Trust me; it's the only pancakes I've made... ever!
Making your pancakes from scratch is really easy too! Maybe not quite as easy as opening a bag and dumping out a pre-made mix into a bowl but they still are really easy. I'm sure it only takes a few more minutes to whip up a batch of home made batter. That way you know exactly what is going into your mix! Cooking from scratch give me peace of mind. :) I can't wait for you to try these!

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

1 cup Milk
1 Egg
2 Tbsp. Oil
3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup Water

1 cup Flour
2 Tbsp. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves
Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Fat Free whipped topping (optional)

1. Mix together milk, egg, oil, pumpkin puree and water until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
3. Spoon onto hot oiled griddle. Brown on both sides.
4. Serve with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with nuts, if desired.

Makes 6-8 medium pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment